I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back in Texas

Well, I'm back down in the heat of Texas. They should change "down in the heart of Texas" to HEAT! Just something to consider...

I had an amazing trip to Kansas and Missouri! One blessing of the trip was great being able to go to the eye doctor. Dr. Westfall is very generous and has a kind heart...if anyone is in the Kansas City area I strongly recommend her!

I was also able to spend time with some of my best friends I met in college. It was great being able to catch up on what was going on in our lives. So crazy how time flies! Unexpectedly I was also able to have breakfast with my cousins on the way to St. Louis. I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was good to see them!

Spending time with my family was really fun. My sister was able to come down from Chicago, so it was great to spend time together as a family. Those of you that know my family know that it was no doubt filled with laughter and good times! I was also able to get a lot of things I need to take with me. My parents were very generous in that regard, and even gave me the sheets right off their bed! They are so great!

When I got back in Denton my friend Ann was very kind and is letting me drive her car for the week, which is a huge blessing, especially considering I need a way to get my stuff to the shipping company! I am so fortunate to have such great friends! I can't believe that time is going so quickly, and that I leave in less than a week! Crazy!! The new roommate moved into my room last night, so now my room is no longer mine...still a little strange to get used to! I'm really excited about Albania and can't wait to see what God has in store for me there!

Thanks for being faithful to keep up with me! I appreciate all the feedback you want to give on my blog. I'm still getting used to this whole thing!

Here are some praises and requests!

Praises:
- Safe and enjoyable trip to Kansas and Missouri
- The opportunity to talk to more people who are interested in joining my support team
- Great conversations with Liz from Christar and Melodye in Albania
- Amazing friends and family

Requests:
- Discernment on how to spend my remaining time
- Continued support to come in
- God to prepare my heart for what's to come
- My time with the Lord be of utmost priority

Until next time...and happy birthday to Stephanie today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home