I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Friday, August 11, 2006

My Immersion so far....

Hey everyone! Sorry that I have not posted more pictures this time. I unfortunately don't have my camera with me to post them. Next time...next time...

I am having a great time with my immersion experience! I am living with 4 Albanian girls that are the same age as me. It's really good that we get along because we are all living in 2 rooms! :). Reminds me of when I moved into the wilderness house....but we had a little more room....

I got a bike, and it's VERY helpful...but needs a little work. The chain keeps coming off. It's not that big of a deal, but it's messy when I need to put it back on....lots of grease! I'll definitely post a picture of me bringing my bike up the elevator because I have to lift it so it stands vertically in the elevator, or it won't fit! Quite an experience!! I also had my first experience of biking in the rain yesterday...good times for sure :).

Well, I hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for all the feedback...keep it coming!! Take care and I'll post again soon...I just don't have access to the internet very often while I'm living with the girls. Keep in touch!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you are my hero for all the biking adventures! I thought about getting one of those to ride to school, but that thought has passed because it is just too dang hot! The temperatures here are in the 102-105 range and we need it to rain! Well hope your week is going great! We had our first day with the kids today and I think it went pretty well. Miss you bunches:) Becky

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Lori N. said...

I hope that the kids are little angels this year!!! Thanks for the biking encouragement! It's fixed now, so hopefully I won't be having too many "adventures" anymore!! Take care!

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home