I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Why the Absence?

Hello to those of you that haven't given up on me!


This has been a crazy time, and I apologize that I haven't sent an update out earlier.


As I mentioned in the last post, Susan's grandmother wasn't doing very well. She passed away in the early hours of Sunday, 9th September. Right after that time, Susan caught a bad virus that put her off school, leading right into the time that she spent back in the UK with her family for the funeral, etc. Because of her absence, and the fact that we couldn't find anyone to cover her classes (math, grades 5-8), I covered her classes as well as coordinating mine. It was great teaching math again, I really enjoyed it! However, this took up significantly more of my time, lesson planning for both classes, grading, etc.


Susan is now back in Tirane after spending some quality time with her family. She is also healthier now, praise God! She is back and school and things are settling back down. Susan is still very tired and trying to get back into her routine - could you please pray for a smooth transition back for her, as well as rest!


So far, grades 5-8 have had breakfast together as a get-to-know you time, and we had a great time! Everyone seems to be getting along well and it has been a joy teaching them so far this year!!


Take care!
Here's a picture of some friends and I playing Settlers of Catan. If you have never played, it's a really fun game!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home