I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hello!

The past day has been quite interesting. When I got back to my apartment yesterday the elevator was broken so I took my bike up 8 flights of stairs! Then, when I was getting ready to make dinner, we didn't have any water. I started cooking anyway, and it wasn't that big of a deal. I used bottle water to boil water for the pasta, and the electricity was so low that it literally took an hour to boil the water! Crazy! So yeah, dinner was ready about 10:00...but the chicken picatta turned out good, and they all really liked it! An adenture worth the battle :)

This morning when i was taking a shower the water doesn't come out of the head because it's broken, so we just catch the water in a pitcher and pour it on ourselves. Not a big deal at all. But right after I got conditioner in my hair and soap all over the water went off again! All I could do was laugh. Thankfully there was a bucket of water next to the bathtub, so i used that water, unfortunately it was freezing cold. But seriously, I was just glad to get all the soap and conditioner off me!! Then the elevator was broken again and I had to take my bike down the steps. Strangely enough it was more awkward carrying it down the steps than up. Then when I was biking to my old apartment my chain came off the front and the back of the bike - but thankfully it was right AFTER a big intersection! I packed kleenex with me today too, so I was prepared for the grease!

So all of that stuff sounds bad, but the amazing thing is I don't feel like those were bad things at all, that they are not a big deal at all! God is very gracious to me!! He is SO good!
I was able to get my bike fixed today too. They took out two links of the chain, and it's for sure a lot tighter now! I should be a lot safer now!! I went to the AEP (Albanian Encouragement Project) to get some forms for my residency permit, and now I need to figure out where the US Embassy is so I can get forms from them as well.

I am also going to attempt to post pictures from when I went to Mt. Dajti, me and Rezi (one of my roommates) riding a horse, me with one of my roommates, Viola, and my bike.

Take care!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley & Josh Jones said...

Only Lori Neuman can have a day like that and still smile about it. That's encouraging! Hope the water works this evening

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Lori N. said...

Thanks Ashley! Whe I got back the water wasn't working, and neither was the electricity! So...it seemed like a good time to clean, then take a nice long walk :). Thanks for the encouragement!

11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite right! It seems to me it is very excellent idea. Completely with you I will agree.

10:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.

3:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home