I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Crazy Lori Stories.....

Hey everyone! Well, if you know me, you know that funny things happen to me all the time. Here are just a few for you to laugh at!!

First, I had my first bike accident. I got hit by a car...the woman hit the back of my bike...so I'm pretty sure that she saw me! By God's grace I swung my leg over the bike and managed to keep moving and stay balanced on the bike. This was a huge blessing, because not only would it have really hurt if i would have fallen down, but I also had my backpack on that had my laptop in it!! God is so good to me!!! And, the bell on my bike works a million times better now....it must have somehow jarred it! :) I am not hurt though....will probably just be a little sore. No problem though.

Second, I was in my first Albanian wedding, but accident!! This past weekend I went to a village in the north where one of my roommates is from, and her cousin was getting married. Well weddings here are very different and it's a 3 day event. The biggest part, where the man went to go get his bride is followed by a lot of honking of horns and everyone in the whole town pretty much runs to see the bride. Well, the honking began so we followed suite and went to see the bride. Well, Mosa (one of my roommates) was a little behind me, and when I looked back it looked like she was waving me on to keep going. So here I was, all the sudden in some sort of receiving line! What could I do but act like I knew them and that I was supposed to be there and shook everyone's hand! I looked over at Mosa and she had fallen down she was laughing so hard! Apparently not only the shaking of the head is opposite here, so is the waving!!

On the bus on the way back to Tirana a woman got on and sat next to me. She looked at me very intently, then said (in Albanian of course) that I looked just like her grandma!! Well, that's definitely the first time I've gotten that one before!!!

Some stories...just for laughs.....

Things are great here!! Hope everyone is well!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, Well you overdid yourself on this one. What fun you see in every situation. Thank the Lord that you weren't hurt. Did it ruin your bicycle? I look forward to your messages on your blog each day and so delighted when there is one. All kidding aside... we keep you in our daily prayers that God will keep you safe and guide you with his wisdom. Love, Clara

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always did think you looked like grandma shirley.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Kendra said...

Hey, grandma! The house is quiet. Everyone went to the CollegeLife party at the water park. I decided to stay home...and sleep. I cancelled my run with Elda tonight because I was heading down hill quickly. Early to bed...and running with Leah early tomorrow. I made an amazing meal tonight. I can't beleive how good it was. You should try it. olive oil, a little butter, chopped cabbage, diced apple, and diced turkey lunchmeat (your leftovers STILL in the fridge). I cooked it in a covered pan (surely also yours) and ate it with chopsticks (probably yours, too). Introduced Elda to the protein shake Monday night after running. She's a fan now. Hasta!

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lar! I thought I would finally leave you a comment! Sounds like you are having a good time! Hopefully we can talk on the phone sometime soon! :)
Love,
Steph

6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
Really enjoying your blog! It is so uplifting how you find blessings in every situation. As a mother though, I can't ignore my maternal instinct to remind you to be CAREFUL.
Take care, Joyclyn

8:41 AM

 
Blogger Ashley & Josh Jones said...

None of these stories surprise me. I sooo wish I could have seen the recieving line story. I might have wet my pants laughing so hard! :) hehehe Keep the funny stories coming.

11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home