I made this blog to let you know what's going on with me in Albania!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Exciting Things and Prayer Request

Hello! I wanted to let you know some exciting things! First off, school is in full swing now! We started school on Wednesday, and it's going great! I have 12 kids in 7th and 8th grade that I teach history, geography, science, math, and bible to, and I teach math to 8 6th graders. The kids are angels! It's definitely a switch to have to teach so many subjects, but I'm trying to get a hang of it! I have some pictures of the of my kids, I'll post them as soon as I can! The staff of the school is really supportive and I've enjoyed getting to know them. It is quite interesting because the teachers are from England, Finland, Canada, South Korea, Albania, and the US, and we're teaching British curriculum! My kids are from all over as well! 6 different countries represented just with my 7th and 8th grade class!!

Other good news - I found some guys to take over my contract at my apartment!!! Thanks so much for your prayers! It worked out SO well! Two guys from Wisconsin are going to live there. They are here with the Lutheran church studying to be pastors and are going to be teaching english classes. My landlord was willing to cancel my contract and take them on with no problem - praise God!! We made the move on Saturday, and now I'm all moved into the apartment with the Albanians!

Prayer Request - My laptop has somehow crashed! All of my stuff is on there, so it's pretty crazy! I am currently having someone look at and hopefully get my files off of it!!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Talk to everyone soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky Beck said...

That really stinks about your laptop! I hope they can get your items back. Let me know if there are any files I can help you get. So glad you are all moved in with people your age! I think that will make your experience great! Talk to you soon:) Becky

9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori! How do you do it? Can I please make a documentary on you? You are the poster child for the phrase "it all works out in the end".

I'm so happy that you are experiencing everything - everything you can while you are there.

Yah for fun roommates and crazy times!

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Ashley & Josh Jones said...

Praise the Lord for working out all of those details! Can't wait to see the new uploaded pics when you get a chance.

5:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, I just love getting your messages and seeing all the great things that are happening to you. What a fabulous experience you are having. So happy to know that you are moved in with your friends. Loved hearing about all your teaching accomplishments..and those yet to come!
We are expecting the young lady from Bali to arrive September 26th. We will show her around the Midwest if the weather permits. She'll be here 3 weeks and she had hoped to see all of US in that time. Wishful thinking! Her Island is only 50 x 90 miles in area. May God bless you and protect you Lori in all you do.
Love you, Clara (your neighbor)

2:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! We need another update soon! I'm sure you don't have anything better to do than keep us informed as we're loving and missing you nations and oceans away. :) Can't wait to hear more!!!

Love ya!
Steph

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home